New - Tai Chi & Wine tasting workshop
Open your senses to enhance your tasting experience
Amplify your sense of smell and taste through breathing, a new experience not to be missed!
Enjoy a moment of relaxation in a magnificent setting under our ancient linden tree. Come and discover our Tai Chi Chuan sessions with Guy, a martial arts teacher with over 30 years experience, to learn how to control your breathing and enhance your tasting experience! The senses awaken and are more refined.
Once your session is over, you will be able to appreciate the wines of the château and let your senses take over!
- 10€ per person / Workshop for 4 people minimum
- Workshop available on Wednesday and Friday morning at 10:30 a.m
- Duration 1 hour: 30 minutes Tai Chi and 30 minutes tasting
- Bookings required on 05 57 42 16 63 or by e-mail
- For different times, please contact us
Cheese and Wine Workshop
Discover the perfect pairings!
Cheese and wine buffs? Come and taste 4 of our wines and discover different varieties of cheese to match perfectly.
An initiation to wine and cheese tasting during which you will learn in a fun and informative way, the main rules to better understand how to pair this mythical couple.
Conviviality and exchange of opinions guaranteed!
- Château Monconseil-Gazin Blanc Prestige
- Château Monconseil-Gazin Tradition
- Château Monconseil-Gazin Grande Réserve
- Château Monconseil-Gazin Mon Rosé semi-dry
- 15€ per person / Workshop for 2 people minimum
- Workshop available from Tuesday to Saturday
- by reservation only on +33 (0)5 57 42 16 63 or by e-mail by clicking here
Harvest day - Saturday 19th September - 39EUR per person
Live the winegrower's life!
Come with friends and family and have fun picking grapes for the harvest!
First in the vineyards then in the cellar, harvest, taste and share with the winemaker and the team of the chateau, this intense stage that the harvest is!
Come with family and friends and enjoy a moment of conviviality and discovery:
PROGRAM OF THE DAY
- 10am - Welcoming and introduction at the estate with coffee + pastries
- Presentation of the property (history, appellation, grape varieties, vineyard works)
- 10.30am - Harvest (distribution of secateurs and buckets, cutting of the grapes,back baskets...)
- 12.30pm - Tasting of new wine (bourru), aperitif
Lunch: Starter, Main Course, Cheese and Dessert accompanied by the wines of the chateau
- 2.30pm - Workshop Table sorting, visit of the vat house, explanations about fermentations, pumping over, visit of the barrel cellar
- 4pm - End of the day
Useful information :
- Saturday 19th September from 10am to about 4pm
- Advanced booking required by phone 00 33 (0)5 57 42 16 63 or by e-mail.
- 39€ per person, including morning harvest, wine tasting, 3 course-lunch, grape sorting workshop and barrel cellar visit.
Wine Escape Game
The Treasure of Charlemagne
Come and discover Blaye wines differently!
You are locked in an old cellar and you have 60 minutes to uncover the mysteries of the château and find the Treasure of Charlemagne...
You will face puzzles that will challenge your logic and team spirit to decipher codes and riddles.
Have fun with friends and family!
Enter an unprecedented adventure, a unique place in the Blaye Côtes de Bordeaux appellation.
Escape Game Times 11am, 2pm, 4pm and 6pm Monday to Sunday.
Evening sessions available at 9pm on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
Group 3 people : €25 per person
Group 4 people : €23 per person
Group 5-6 people : €21 per person
Group 7-8 people : €19 per person
For further information, please visit www.escapegameblaye.com
Wine tasting & sale
Our cellar is open : Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 12.30pm and from 2pm to 6pm.
If you require outside our opening times, please contact us by telephone on + 33(0)5 57 42 16 63 or by e-mail
We welcome visitors and groups (for groups, please call ahead).
You may try our range of red, rosé and dry white wines, in Blaye and Blaye Côtes de Bordeaux Appellations. We sell our wines in bottles and magnums, and also bag-in-boxes for our standard red Blaye Côtes de Bordeaux wine.
Tour of the estate - 1h - 5 € per person
You will start the visit of the family-owned estate in the Chateau courtyard with an introduction to the area, the estate and the family history. We will then visit the vineyards to learn more about the grape varieties, the viticulture practised by the estate, and in particular, our commitment to sustainable viticulture (audited and certified by Terra Vitis). Thereafter we will tour the winery and cellar and finish in the tasting room.
You will be able to taste the whole range of our wines: starting with our dry rosé, then our two dry white wines, our two red wines (Blaye Côtes de Bordeaux and Blaye denominations) and finishing with our "sweet" rosé.
Useful information :
- The visit lasts about 1 hour
- Visit available all year, Monday to Friday 9.30am to 12.30pm and 2pm to 6pm.
- Appointments available - please call us on +33 (0)5 57 42 16 63 or e-mail)
- 4€ per person, free for children under 18 (play area)
- Disable access
- Groups from 2 up to 55 people welcome, with prior reservation
Wine blending workshop - 1h30 39€ p/pers
Create your own wine !
Learn the fundamentals of wine blending as we do it here in Bordeaux area.
You will choose among our red varieties the ones you prefer and learn how to combine them and then create a unique wine : yours. You will first taste our four red grape varieties, then start mixing the wines to blend your own. You will be able to keep your blend or try again three times.
You will thus discover the delicate alchemy that gives the great Bordeaux wines their complexity and rich taste.
Useful information :
- the workshop lasts about 1 hour 30 minutes
- at 11 am on Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 1st April to September 15th
- By appointment only - Please call us on +33 (0)5 57 42 16 63 or send us an e-mail.
- 39€ per person - 3 blends, one bottle of the personal mix given at the end of the workshop
- 8€ each additional bottle of your own blend
- Access for people with reduced mobility
- Workshop held for a minimum of 6 people
Vine Pruning workshop - 1h30 - 15€ p/pers
From December to March you will be able to attend to a very special workhop at the heart of the estate: in the vineyards. Come and learn how to prune the vine: you will then know why this is one the most important steps from the vineyard to the glass!
We will start with a presentation of the estate and its terroir, the grape varieties, and our Terra Vitis certification for sustainable viticulture.
We will guide you afterwards through the observation of the vine, and show you how to prune, using the double Guyot pruning method. Once you have pruned your vine, you may visit the winery and cellar. The workshop will end by a tasting of our wines in our tasting room.
- The workshop lasts about 1h30
- from December 15th to April 1st, by appointment only, please call us +33 (0)5 57 42 16 63 or send us an e-mail)
- Workshop held for a minimum of 4 people
- 15€ per person
- we recommend you dress with warm clothes and shoes (wellies) suitable for visiting a vineyard in the winter
Walking tour and hiking
There are many nice walking and hiking trails around Monconseil-Gazin and the village of Plassac.
The routes are downloadable by clicking below, or can be given to you at the Château Monconseil-Gazin. Journey times and difficulties are indicated for each route.
From the Château Monconseil-Gazin, near Charlemagne’s battlefield to the « Croix de Faux-Cœur » a monolith cross cut by the swords of Charlemagne’s soldiers (as the legend says...)
2,5 km, hilly, allow 1 hour, roads & vineyards. May be done with children but not with a stroller.
- The Compostelle Way:
From the center of Plassac to Château Monconseil-Gazin, or vice versa, following the road to Saint Jacques de Compostela.
About 4km, sharp drop-off, count 2 to 3 hours on foot. Can also be done by bike.
Three walks of about one hour around Plassac, to discover the Gallo-Roman villa, the lift nets above the estuary, the magnificent view on the estuary from the site of the "Vierge de Montuzet".
1 to 2 hours, flat landscape (except to access to the "Vierge de Montuzet"), practicable with a stroller.